How to Wash and Care for Human Hair Extensions, Hairpieces, and Hair Accessories
Follow the steps below or watch the step by step video.
- Gently remove tangles with fingers or a wide-tooth comb. Start at the ends and slowly work toward the roots to avoid damage. Do not brush.
- Do not soak or submerge product. Rinse by holding the hair under running cool water. Allow the water to run from roots to ends.
- Place a small amount of shampoo for color-treated hair in your hand, evenly and gently stroke it through the hair in a downwards motion from the roots to the ends.
- Rinse by holding under running cool water until the water runs clear. Gently squeeze to press out excess water. Do not twist or wring.
- Place a small amount of conditioner for color-treated hair in your hand, evenly and gently work it through the hair in a downwards motion from the mid-shaft down to the ends avoiding the base and root. Applying conditioner to the base may cause shedding.
- Leave conditioner on for 1-2 minutes or follow the conditioner manufacturer’s instructions. Do not exceed 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse by holding under running cool water until the water runs clear. Gently squeeze or use a clean, dry towel to press out excess water. Do not twist or wring.
- Place hair piece on a hanger until it is completely dry. Finger styling is recommended.
- To straighten, take a 1-inch section starting at the roots and run a flat iron to the ends.
- To curl, wrap the hair around a curling iron and hold for 10 seconds and release.
- If desired use hairspray to the final styled product.
- Wash or rinse all human hair products and style before wearing. Human hair is not ready to wear out of the box.
- Rinsing with hot water will damage the base.
- We do not recommend sleeping, showering or swimming during wear.
- Store on a hanger to avoid unwanted kinks or crimps
- Avoid brushing the hair when wet to prevent damage.
- Any cutting or chemical processes, such as perming or coloring, should be done by a professional hair stylist. We do not recommend lifting or bleaching human hair; depositing color provides the best result.