How to Wash and Style Synthetic Extensions, Hairpieces, and Hair Accessories
Follow the steps below or watch the step by step video.
- Gently remove tangles with fingers tooth comb. Start at the ends and slowly work toward the roots to avoid damage. Do not brush.
- Add a small amount of shampoo to a washbasin of cool water. Use shampoo sparingly.
- Place product in washbasin and allow it to soak for 5 minutes. Do not scrunch or agitate the product.
- Rinse by holding under running cool water until the water runs clear. Gently squeeze or use a clean, dry towel to press out excess water. Do not twist or wring.
- Apply a light coat of leave-in conditioner + detangler avoiding the base and roots. Applying conditioner to the base may cause shedding.
- Place hair on a hanger until it is completely dry. Finger styling is recommended.
- Shake and style with your fingers to achieve the desired look. We recommend a styling brush, styling comb or fingers to style.
- Apply a light mist of leave-in conditioner + detangler to difficult tangles if needed.
- Heat-friendly synthetic fiber can be curled, blow dried or flat ironed to achieve a different hairstyle.
- Heat-friendly synthetic fiber can withstand heat up to 350°F/180°C. We recommend a low-medium setting.
- To straighten, take a 1-inch section starting at the roots and run a flat iron to the ends.
- To curl, wrap the hair around a curling iron and hold for 10 seconds. Carefully slide the iron out and pin the curl in place. Once the fiber has completely cooled it will keep the curl until heat is applied again.
- If desired, use a hair spray (for synthetic hair) on the final styled product.
- Soaking longer than the recommended time will damage the product.
- Hot water will damage heat-friendly synthetic fiber.
- Sudden bursts of heat, such as opening an oven door, will damage heat-friendly synthetic fiber.
- We do not recommend sleeping, showering or swimming during wear.
- Store hair piece on a hanger to avoid unwanted kinks or crimps.
- After extended wear, matting and frizz can occur. To smooth, wash, condition and spray with leave-in conditioner + detangler then blow dry with a styling brush.
- Fiber will be damaged if the heat setting is too high. We do not recommend curling or straightening the hair while wearing. Heat-friendly synthetic fiber will get very hot.